Thursday 5 April 2018

Day 5: Photograph +Translation

Today's prompt is a bit of a double whammy! Pick a photograph (I used one of the picks from the website) and then pick a foreign language poem and 'guess' translate it to describe your picture. Easier said than done I tell you!

This was my second attempt. It's all about picking the right pair!




 Related image

Night Flight

Hands free from burdens
lift up off scorched ground
sorrow is happiness,
a highwire suspension.

Heart seeking feathered flight
from here to aeons ever after -
If I stay, I will break.

Understand this: a caged soul will find 
wingspan
in everywhere, everything.
Lilting stunning aria of air -
my lost love;
and until you follow after 
up and away 
into pieces.

***


NORÐUR - Gerður Kristný (Iceland)
Hægt eins og búrhveli
líðum við gegnum sortann
sem er hvítur
hér á heiðinni

Hann er fastheldinn á sitt
og gefur aðeins eftir
eina stiku í einu

Örskamma stund leiftra þær
í vegarkantinum
eins og eldspýtur
litlu stúlkunnar í ævintýrinu
og lýsa okkur
þar til við komum aftur
upp í vök
að blása

No comments:

Post a Comment