Monday 22 April 2024

Day 22: Fight

 For Earth Day


Dialogue

City: I need more room
Tree: But you need me
City: My way is modernity, the future, the heaving mass of the human race - move over
Tree: My way is the present. Here and now. Just breathe.
City: People need me. I am a metropolis of the many
Tree: People breathe me. I am a living eco-system of body and mind
City: Grey is the new green, as strong as steel.
Tree: Listen to the breeze
City: I am a pool of refracted light, a glaze of ambition, power, dreams. Ever-fluid, changing, growing.
Tree: I am rooted to this spot. I am the dream of growth
City: Come to me all you refugees
Tree: I am a harbour for birds, bees, insects, people's gaze; the healing light of a leafy sun-dappled haze
City: I am the future
Tree: I am past, present and future
City: I am growth, longevity
Tree: Ahem, ask the oak
City: I am brain and brawn
Tree: I am heart, lungs and spirit
City: I am the human race personified
Tree: I am life. Trinity of person, place, nature.
City: I am here
Tree: I am gone

No comments:

Post a Comment