Sunday 10 April 2022

Day 10: Love Poem




Today's prompt is to write a love poem. I write loads of love poems all the time - any number of prompts can turn into a love poem for me! But trying to write one 'on demand' is a little difficult...



Seasons of Love


I fell in love with you in autumn

when the moon was a gold coin flung

and the leaves, red and amber, 

made beautiful their goodbye song.  


I warmed to the cool of you in winter

enfolded in your glacial depths,

iceberg heart revealed, thawed only

by and for me (secret kept). 


I planted dreams of you in spring

when our eyes were buds in bloom,

and light danced in the palm of our hands

from the sun of smiles in tune. 


But I let you go in summer -

I should have listened to the leaves -

never trust a love story

that begins in an autumn breeze.



No comments:

Post a Comment