Wednesday 6 April 2022

Day 6: Acrostic



Today's prompt was an acrostic prompt - which I love, so I did two different versions! First one - random lines with my name; second one - lines from poems using my name, and third the way we supposed to!


Day 6: Acrostic

Sorrow rises and falls,
incumbent alter-ego stumbles into
oubliette of dreams.
Beads of topaz spill like sunshine
hiatus of happiness begins;
again the question is asked
never knowing the answer.

*
Sunlit absence, sweet spontaneous earth
I celebrate and sing myself
oh and she was the Sunday in every week
because I could not stop for death -
hope is the thing with feathers
all which is infinite which is Yes,
now winging selves sing sweetly.

*
'Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide from the madness.' - Allen Ginsberg

Follow the garden path into the night
your feet will know the way
inner compass spinning stars, until
moonlight becomes you.

Don't hide from the darkness -
hide from the artificial light
the humdrum drone of existence,
madness we call reality.













*



No comments:

Post a Comment