Saturday 28 April 2018

Day 28: Wish You Were Here


Image result for vintage postcards 



Wish You Were Here, Paris 

Paris: the grand boulevard of thought.
It's them I love the most, their wide open
spaces, the parade of just walking, ballrooms
of everyday spectacle. The concertina shutters on windows,
interplay of ivory and black, sigh of sentry lampposts. Everywhere
buildings made of music, feeling chiselled into art.
And how the Iron Lady casts her watchful eye, appearing
and disappearing, her latticed heart
a complicated mix of height, daring,
and steel girders all placed at the right angles.
Did you know that the only
treeless street in the city
leads to the Opera? So beautiful,
it needs no adornment. 


I loved you once, it's true. I don't know
if I can love you again...
My heart is open like a hymn book -
it will never be shuttered again.

No comments:

Post a Comment