Sunday 14 April 2019

Day 14: Homophones

Image result for homophones

Today's prompt was to write a poem featuring homophones.



Love Story in Homophones

I never knew I could love you too.
But I did. Even when there was already
the two of you, a perfect pair,
to pare my nerves.
Where this love that longed 
to be lived aloud
was not allowed.

Or that a wound could be wound
so tight around my neck, like a noose
that will never become loose.
That I could be deserted
in a desert of barren intent.
Or that something so great -
could grate like this, the never-ending wait

like a ten tonne weight
on my soul. A love that made my heart soar -
only to leave me heartsore.
Or this measure of 'some' love be the sum
of all the love 
I would ever receive.
The whole of it - the love, the light - leading only

to this hole inside, where what we were
is no more.

***

The Adulterer's Dilemma

I love the two of us, I do.
But I love her,
too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment